Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Blue Marlin

Blue Marlin is a japanese restaurant that is known for its omni rice. Omni rice is fried rice with ketchup with a layer of egg over the fried rice, kind of like an omelette. Usually the rice is served with curry sauce or white sauce.

Blue Marlin is located on Sawtelle Blvd in Westwood. Recently I visited it again after a long gap of several years! I heard it was shut down but it wasn't.
I ordered the chicken katsu omni rice. The chicken is very crispy and tender on the inside. However, my chicken was rather over fried and too brown. Overall, the taste wasn't as great as what I remembered it to be. It was an average omni rice. The curry sauce was so so and the rice was so so. There's really not a lot of words to describe something that is so so.
My sister had the pork katsu and it was way too dry and chewy! So, chicken is the better choice there.

The restaurant was still full but not too packed. I think they really need to do some renovating. Maybe change their menus or something.

Overall, I think one person came down to ~$17-$20/person.





No comments:

Post a Comment