Saturday, November 27, 2010

JJ Bakery - City of Industry

Why would I write about bread? Well, I'm not because JJ Bakery has a joint restaurant thing on the side selling taiwanese food. I've actually been to the one in Irvine a few years ago but I never went back or thought about it because the food was just so-so but priced above average. My friend was ranting about JJ and so we all went... Well, yes a bakery should just bake and leave the rice, noodle, or pork chops to the real restaurants. 

Anyhoo we were there so might as well give it a try... 

Honestly, nothing memorable including bad and slow service and cold food... So here are some photos with captions explaining the dishes:

I think this is called Special Order Noodle - dry noodle with taiwanese meat sauce and sesame paste ? Weird combo tasted kinda like "Dan Dan Mian" if you know what I mean but with some meat and bean sprouts... I'll give it 2/5

Pork Chop Combo - all you see with the soup below = over priced and also 2/5 

Bland egg and tomato soup

Scallion cake with egg = crepe was far too soft with no crispy texture... nice dipping sauce tho. 

Horrible pic but average grilled chicken lunch combo - heard the chicken was actually alright. Also came with that bland soup

2/5 because it was COLD. Can you imagine? This is the Meat Crepe thing and it should be a hot dish with crispy crepes! 

They left out my friend's first order, so she got this meat sauce over rice - far too fatty (which makes it taste good) overall cheap price - $1.95 (Probably cheaper than their drinks...) 

Tofu with the nice garlic sauce so 4/5 for the sauce. It's hard to go wrong for tofu tho'....

There you have it. I don't think I'll be a returning customer but it never hurts to try :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment