Sunday, November 14, 2010

Indian Beer House - San Gabriel

I really felt like "Three Cup Chicken" (三杯雞) for dinner last night, so me and the bf went to Indian Beer House. We were actually debating between B2O Beer House or Indian. I complained that B2O's has a lot of broken pieces of chicken bones... so we went to Indian. It was 6pm saturday night and luckily it wasn't packed yet! I guess we were early like the old peeps at the next table...

Since it was just the two of us, we ordered a three cup chicken (~$8) and a spicy stinky tofu (五根麻辣臭豆腐) (~$10) and an appertizer - lamb skewers ($3.50). Usually these food go great with beer, hence the beer house name... but we didn't really feel like beer so we just had the food.
The chicken tasted sweet and savory but they didn't have any garlic cloves like B2O! So that's a big NO- NO! The stinky tofu was not bad, it went well with rice because it came with a lot of preserved veges (the sour kind). The stinky tofu came with pig's blood which I had to eat because he doesn't eat any organs or blood... I guess the best was the lamb skewers! Smelled great and the meat was tender with a slight crisp on the outside.

I took the photos with my iphone so the quality is not that good (esp the chicken)




(this was almost gone when i took it@@)

No comments:

Post a Comment