Saturday, November 20, 2010

Wood Ranch BBQ and Grill

I searched and searched for a steakhouse - Mortons, Ruth's Chris, Houston's... etc for a long time but in the end, I ended up choosing Wood Ranch BBQ and Grill. Mainly because of it's reasonable prices and familiarity with the restaurant. For steakhouses, I'm only familiar with Ruth's Chris and I didn't want to take risks with Houston's or Morton's, even though reviews were relatively well. Since it was our three year anniversary, I just wanted to go somewhere for dinner where I can dress up a little and still be casual and enjoy a great meal. I picked Wood Ranch because it's not somewhere we usually go like Cheesecake Factory. I also really love their tri tip! This time, I ordered a prime rib because the waitress said they still have it. I wanted to try something different so I decided to get the prime rib. I got the 16oz (big mistake) because it was only $26! It came with soup or salad and one side. I picked the Clam Chowder and an Idaho baked potato. I have to start with the Clam Chowder because it was fantastic! I've never had so many clam in my chowders before (not even in Seattle...) It was perfectly creamy with loads of clams and veges! Very satisfied with that! The prime rib itself was not bad either but because it was 16oz, it was quite a big steak to finish (which I didn't finish!) The baked potato was fluffy but average. He got the BBQ ribs dinner which came with two sides and he picked peanut coleslaw and mashed potatoes. I love their ribs! So perfectly grilled with that great BBQ sauce! They also have a bottle of BBQ sauce on the tables so you can add more to your meal and for bread dipping too!
The coleslaw was good but a little bland. The mashed potato had a pretty good buttery flavor too!
We washed down our meal with a drink each. I picked the Red Sangria (recommend!) and he picked the Sterling Merlot (recommend too!)

I'm glad we picked Wood Ranch, I'm much suited eating ribs with my hands and licking my fingers!






No comments:

Post a Comment