Saturday, November 6, 2010

Easy Macaroni Pasta

This year's Halloween was spent quietly at a friend's house with potluck and wii games. It was really last minute as no one had a costume and were all too tired to trek all the way for the Hollywood Parade. So, I had about an hour to whip up something for the potluck. Since we didn't really have a theme, I decided not to make crazy Halloween finger foods. I opened up my freezer and found some meatballs. I also found spinach in the fridge. Since my parents were back, we have plenty of fresh garlic, butter, and flour. I always have some sort of pasta at home. So I decided to throw together a macaroni dish. (Something that I always do... I know...)


Easy meatball white sauce - 3 tablespoons butter melted over medium heat and add 3 tablespoons flour mix well. Add 1 cup of chicken stock and 1/2 cup of milk. Make sure to stir well so there are no clumps! Bring to boil over med/high heat. Throw in 2-3 cloves of garlic and 1 teaspoons dried basil. Heat up meatballs separately and add into sauce. 

For pasta, I cooked almost half a box of macaroni (the regular size box...) and tossed al dente pasta into the sauce and stir chopped spinach. To finish, I added a lot of swiss cheese (my fav cheese). It'd be great if I could bake it but sadly I still have no oven at home. 

Lately, I love macaroni because a little macaroni feeds a lot! They swell as they are cooked and it seems like I'm eating a lot but I actually only cooked half a box! 
One more interesting fact, little 2 year olds LOVE my macaroni pasta or salad! ha well that's nice to know isn't it. 

Unfortunately, I was in a hurry to get to my friends house, so I didn't get to take any pictures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment