Friday, November 12, 2010

Shrimp and Pork Wontons

I've never been a fan of wontons. Whenever my parents made it when I was a little kid, I'd never eat it because they give me a headache... Today, my parents made wontons with fresh shrimp and pork, no vegetables except scallions! No matter how much I don't like the wonton wrap, I really wanted to eat them.

I probably disliked them as a kid because of the soup my parents serve wonton in. I guess another thing is the wrap that just tastes so slimy.. ick. Today, I decided to make my own sauce - soysauce, sesame oil, garlic, scallions, and hot chili sauce and mixed it with my wontons so it's not soupy but nicely seasoned.
The wontons were really good because the shrimps were big and succulent. The pork added a nice texture that blended with the crunchy shrimps!

Mmm, I'll only ever eat wontons if there are big fresh shrimps in them.
Mine ! 
My dad's soupy wontons:(

No comments:

Post a Comment