Saturday, October 30, 2010

Matsuri Japanese Restaurant

 Matsuri Japanese Restaurant is located in Pasadena, CA. It is an average sized restaurant with a sushi bar. I think it's a great place for lunch gatherings (lunch menu is better than dinner). This restaurant is adorable and I'm guessing the owner runs it most of the time. They have one of those japanese taiku ? those big round "timpani" looking drums. When you walk in, they will bang it and welcome you in Japanese. It's cute.

So I've been here a few times before, and I suggested this place for my friend, Rosa's, birthday dinner. As it turns out, we had a great time, the food was fresh, and they offer ice cream and a small gift for the birthday girl.

I do think that their lunch menu is better because of the portions. The quality is the pretty consistent, but the portion seemed same if not less than lunch! I mean, I'm paying a lot more for dinner and I'm getting less? That just doesn't make sense to me...

The food? I love their tempura and their sashimi/sushi. Very clean and crispy tempura - 3 shrimps I got! The fish is fresh and nicely sliced. I also have to mention the desserts - Fried Banana and Green Tea Ice cream is the best to share after a nice meal! We also tried the fried ice cream and that was pretty good too. They also offer strawberry and vanilla ice cream, but I think their green tea is well flavored.

I will definitely go back for lunch dates but maybe not dinner...






Sry about the poor photo quality~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment