Sunday, March 2, 2014

Gloomy Sunday Brunch at Twin Palms, Old Town Pasadena

Originally wanted to have brunch at Green St Tavern, but after parking, we walked by Twin Palms Restaurant and Lounge and decided to try their sunday brunch buffet instead. It's a contemporary restaurant with giant sails covering the outdoor seating area. The restaurant is very spacious, clean, and well organized with heat lamps in case it gets cold. What I don't get is the older man singing and playing the guitar with the TinTin movie on a screen in the background.

The buffet is $20 per person, $40 if you want mimosas. It was a little chilly and gloomy today, so we went for tea and coffee (included in the $20, surprisingly). Food for the buffet: omelette station - servers can order and bring to you, well that's what my server offered us, potatoes with red peppers and onions, sausage, bacon, waffles with strawberry and cream, oatmeal with assorted sides, fruits and muffins. 

Not a lot of choices, but everything's delicious. The waiters and busboys are spot on with service. I think I will be back for lunch sometime, but probably not the brunch buffet. There's only so much breakfast food I can stuff in my face. A La Carte will do for me! 








No comments:

Post a Comment