Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Bargain Hunting at Desert Hills Premium Outlet

Took the luxury of a day off and the President's Day sale to do some bargain hunting at the outlets in Cabazon. It's about an hour and a half drive, but who cares because that's the only outlet with an All Saints store! I've been on the hunt for a good leather jacket, because my faux leather one finally ripped, I left it in my car on a hot day and it... melted?

First of all, Desert Hills is doing some major construction work! The East wing that used to have the parking spaces in the center is now gone. They are building more shops there. Not sure why, as I've noticed some shops have closed down. Even All Saints moved to the West wing already... It's important to do your homework or check the store map before you walk around the whole East wing only to find out that your store has moved to the West. I walked past Tory Burch and there was a line to get in. Not sure if they are just short staffed and wanted to control traffic or they are doing it on purpose to lure people in... The usual lines at Coach disappeared, I guess people has finally moved on!

Anyways, back to what I bought. I didn't go in too many stores, just the ones with things I already had in mind of getting - Converse, All Saints, AX, and Armani.
1. Converse - I got some Made for Chucks only socks!!!! These socks are the best and they truly don't show around the ankles. These came in a pack of 6 in blue, grey, and white for $11. So cheap!!! Not sure why the 6 pack of whites costs $2 more??

2. All Saints - Everything in store had an additional 20% off. I got a grey/light grey tshirt dress with one side of the hem shorter, so it creates a drape from the hip. I think it's the left side... Overall, it's a cute drapey top/dress for. I also got a leather jacket! There weren't a lot of choices, especially black ones. So I settled for a dark brown and I'm happy for now. It was at a great price too! I think, in the end, it was about $150. I really like the quality of All Saints clothes and shoes. I have a few pairs of their leather heels and this is my first leather jacket from them. Not really sure why I need a real leather jacket... winter is not even that cold here and it's almost over :P I just found online that they are selling this exact same style in BLACK online. It's the  Belvedere Jacket. I'm more into the biker style... like this one Cargo Leather. I'm still on the look out for one, not one compares to the faux leather one I got from TJ Maxx a few years ago! Even though it wasn't real leather, it was a great fit and style.



3. Popped into Giorgio Armani because I saw online they were having 70% off all shoes. 70% off!! I remember they once had a 90% off shoe sale. That was heaven! This year, I was so lucky to spot a pair of sandal heels on clearance, so that's more than 70% off! It's so pretty in grey suede and leather. Probably 4 inches tall and very comfy for a skinny heel. A total bargain from the original $750 price tag, I got these for ~$90!!! I love buying things that are (way) past season but still look great in your wardrobe!





That's all from this trip. Pretty satisfied, hopefully next time I head out there, the construction will be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment