Sunday, January 30, 2011

Dumpling House in Arcadia

Today we got to try the Dumpling House in Arcadia. Everytime we pass by it's jam packed with people and today we got to cross it off our to try list. We walked in and typical asian waiters do not really greet you but point to a table. I didn't know where he was pointing to so I kind of just chose my seat. I didn't want to sit in the corner 2 persons table and since the store was half empty I thought we could get a four seater. But no, he SPOKE ! He said "that's for six people". Well geez sorry, I'll just squeeze myself into the corner.

We ordered the Sour cabbage and pork soup pot, vegetarian dumplings, xiao long bao (steamed dumplings?). The soup came first - tastes fine but lacks frozen tofu. The vegetarian dumplings came out second - BIG NO NO ! NO no no no no no, ew it's full of shredded carrots and I think pumpkin. The dumpling tasted sweet and mushy and NO. Feeling kind of sick from the carrot taste, I was really looking forward to the xiao long bao. It took another 10 minutes though. Took a bite and let the soup run into my spoon. Soup is good but not hot enough. Without even biting, I could tell the wrapping is too thick for the xiao long bao. The meat was tasty and it made up for the other dumpling.

Overall, we gave it a "B" because of the soup and dumplings. We'll be back maybe for some noodle and gyoza. Oh, they are kind of pricey too! All three costs us $19 before tips... that's why my dad says he'll never eat out at noodle stores because he can cook them at home and they taste better too. HAHA

No comments:

Post a Comment