Sunday, February 6, 2011

Renu Nakorn

Ok, the first time I saw this name I thought of the contact lense solution RENU. But this is actually a Thai Restaurant located in Norwalk, CA.

Came here for my friend's bday dinner. I found this on yelp and it was highly rated. They serve northern and southern Thai food. I think northern is much more interesting, sometimes influenced by Burmese. Southern thai is what we usually find at local thai restaurants - pad thai, yellow curry, etc.

So we each ordered a dish and my favorite were the Roasted Duck Curry and Khao Soi (northern).

The only con is the rice costs $1. It's only rice !!! A curry entree should come with some rice with no extra cost. Maybe that's why most of their entrees are between $7 - $10
Our bill came out to be $65 for 6 people and the gratuity was added by the restaurant.

Oh, one more con, we had a birthday cake and when we asked for it. They just bought it out with the cake still in the box and gave us a lighter and plates. Um... that totally ruined our surprise for our two friends. Basic service dudes.

Spicy Fried Rice with Beef

Khao Soi with Beef (I asked for Chicken...)

Something Angel Wings (My friend said these were not authentic)

Roasted Duck Curry with Pineapples :D

Name unknown - Spicy shrimp salad

Mango Pudding Cake from 85 Degrees for Birthday girl and boy

No comments:

Post a Comment