Sunday, December 26, 2010

Xmas Update

Merry Xmas y'all ~~~ We were in Vegas from the 22nd to the 25th so there are lots to catch up on!

Let's see... on the 19th Sunday, for my bf's bday we went to Hae Jang Chon for KBBQ (http://www.haejangchon.com/). I had planned a surprised party so we were late for our reservation they gave our table away and we had to wait another hour. So beware that they give away your table after 15 mins of your reservation time... We were pretty much starving by the time we got to sit. I really love brisket and short ribs! They have four kinds of sauces to dip. I usually use rice paper and daikon to wrap my brisket which I dip into oil and salt. For me, that's the best way to eat KBBQ~~~~

On Monday night, I received a great surprise from YING ~ A package came for me and I was scratching my head thinking when I had ordered something online... So, I opened it up and found a Hello Kitty Toaster !!!! The funny thing was that earlier that day, my dad said we should get a new toaster and I told him that a hello kitty one would be cool so we can see her face everytime we eat toast! So that night, I had a huge surprise when I saw a Hello Kitty Toaster!!! Thanks Ying~~~~~~~

On Wednesday night, we started our Vegas trip! We stayed at the Mirage for 3 nights and 4 days. We ate two buffets - The Buffet (Aria) and Wicked Spoon (The Cosmo). We love Aria because they serve king crab legs all day long! Wicked Spoon is new so we thought we should give it a try. They have a wide variety of food from dumplings, dim sum, sushi, pasta, meat, to gyro and mexican. The dessert area looked really tempting and we were staring at it throughout our meal. Here comes the however, the actual taste were meh ... I recommend their gelato in waffle cups and chocolate dipped strawberry. The macaroons were awful and the xmas log cake was overloaded with sugar!

We had a pretty laid back trip this time, mostly just stayed in the hotel and played slot machines (me) ~ We also watched the spectacular Lion King Show! We ate at Grand Lux Cafe (Palazzo) and didn't have a very nice experience... Our waitress came over without introducing herself so I don't know her name... and then she was super weird, speaking in a very slow and soft voice when I asked her questions... I was just joking that she's probably high and my friend said her eyes were super dilated. So we referred her as the dilated pupils girl since we didn't know her name. She forgot our bread and was gone for so long until she brought out our food. Then we had another waitress because she had to go to the "airport". Who knows where she went ~

We also went shopping at the outlet and I got a sweet deal at FCUK - they were closing down and had a 70% additional discount! I also got a new ceramic watch at DKNY but need to get the straps fixed :(
On Xmas eve, we went clubbing! Unfortunately, we went to TAO and they said that there was a middle eastern event going on so there will be lots of middle eastern music and it's gonna cost $50 to get in. Er, no thanks, so we went to LAVO where we had free entry :D Lavo is extremely small! When we first got there it was so empty that we went down to the bar to drink and eat calamari. When everyone came we went upstairs and it was SUPER packed ><" Still we had heaps of fun despite my sore feet!! Towards the end they started playing middle eastern music... I really don't know why but there must be some middle eastern event going on in Vegas that weekend~ Time really flies when you are on holiday. Our trip was over so fast but it did feel like I was gone for a long time.




The Buffet @ Aria

Fat Tuesday - Bellini and Strawberry!

Grilled Salmon lunch

Chicken Jambalaya

View from our room


@ The Cosmopolitan


Looks so good but didn't taste so well 

Egg Shell with mango mousse inside - just like a boiled egg

No comments:

Post a Comment