Saturday, December 18, 2010

Favorite Lip Products

Here are a few of my favorite lip products from lip balms, lip glosses, to lip sticks.
I used to love using lip gloss a lot but as I've gotten older, the glittery and shine just isn't suitable all the time, so I saved those for special occasions. Since I'm so lazy, I usually just put on lip balm and skip lip stick for day time :P Still, I love getting lip sticks!

Let's start with Lip balms:

My #1 Favorite Lip balm is actually not shown here because it's all used up! It's the Clinique - Repairwear Intensive Lip Treatment ($25) - my all time favorite because it's very moisturizing and truly makes my lips soft and hydrated.
So shown here is my current #1 - the Dior Addict Lip Glow: similar in texture to Clinique's but this one is unique because it's like SB's O-Glow which can create a slight pink to the lips which is cute!
#2, 3, and 4 are lip balms I use daily that provides moisture but are require frequent applications. I don't really prefer Kiehl's because it just looks like vaseline in a tube (which really is...) but alas, it's a lip balm.

My favorite lip glosses - more like a collection since I hardly use them !
Most of my lip glosses are similar in color - champagne pinkish with shimmer. I really like the Smashbox Illume because it's not sticky like the Givenchy one. Actually the Givenchy one is a few years old now! I really don't use it anymore but I just love the packaging so much! There's lace pattern around the tube! The NYX one has no shimmer in it and it's a nice nude color but it smells a little too funky for me... and the little tube is by Majolica Majorca, it says honey pump gloss on the tube and it's a clear pink with shimmer. I won't classify this as a lip plump but it does fill up lines and make lips appear glossy and fuller.

Lipsticks! I used to hate the smell of my mother's Chanel lip sticks but I guess this goes away with age...

I really wanted to get the Chanel Rouge Coco but it's really too pricey! So I found a great subsitute - the Victoria Secret Matte lip sticks (which very unfortunately they don't carry in stores anymore!!) the VS in Breathe is 95% matching to Rouge Coco #4 and it's only ~$10 ! What a bargain~
I read once in a blog that VS uses the same cosmetic producer as Chanel... (so maybe that explains the resemblance??) Either way, I'm happy with VS color. Whenever I smile, my gums tend to show too, so this color is close to my gum color and eliminates the sharp contrast of lips and gums!

I also love my Lancome Color Fever Shine in Rekindle - I bought this one because I just love how the model wore it on the Lancome ads (you might recall?) It's a nice pop pink on the lips for a night out!

When I was a teenager, I loved pale nude lips (I think that was fashion back then...) so, I still love looking pale with nude lips! Revlon's lipstick in soft nude is a great color and also a great quality lipstick !

So there you have it, my lip product favs! I've accumulated so much lip products over the years, it's really hard to pick favorites because they are all useful or cute in some ways!

Maybe I will update with swatches in the future :D

No comments:

Post a Comment