Friday, December 3, 2010

Tamaya Ramen Restaurant

I usually only go to Daikokuya for ramen and never Ajisan. I've always driven by Tamaya on Las Tunas but never tried them. So recently, the weather's been strange and cold so a big bowl of soupy noodle is really what I crave. 

I'm adding Tamaya to my Ramen go to list. I went twice within a week because I wanted to try more before giving them the thumbs up. So this is what we tried: 


1. Mapo Ramen Set: Mapo Ramen + Small Katsudon


Can't remember the name... Ramen with seaweed, bamboo shoots, and chashu. I like their  ramen but the soup was too salty and there was only one slice of chashu. 
December Special (it was same as the November special!) - Miso... Ramen with a Spam roll

Katsudon - comes with salad and a miso soup. Katsudon is actually very good, that's why he ordered the regular size! 


I love corn and chashu (3 slices) but the soup was far too OILY! I had to scoop out the noodle and add some vinegar <-- actually taste nice with the vinegar. 


Spam rolls were okay.

Overall, I would rate this place 7 out of 10. This is like Island Burger where the burgers are not fast food quality but not enough to make me dance, so Tamaya is not like Ajisan but not really at Daikokuya. 
I will go back though, because I want to try their dumplings and fried rice... 
**They also have one in Rowland Heights

No comments:

Post a Comment