Thursday, February 4, 2010

Duck's Restaurant

Dragged my bf to Duck's today. Literally dragged him because he's rather a cheap ass lately. Duck's has always been a restaurant that I've drove by for 5 years on Las Tunas Dr and have always wondered what it was like.


Since we were heading to lunch, and he asked "Where to?"
I said, "Let's try Duck's!"
When we got outside, he said "They better take credit, cus' I don't have cash." then he said, "Are you sure you want to eat here."
I answered, "Yes, I want to eat here, we'll just go in and ask if they take credit then."
So, I then really grabbed him by the arm, and pushed him inside. And yes, they take Visa and Mastercard.
From the outside, I knew it's a small but expensive restaurant. It is a Japanese restaurant that makes curry and spaghetti. It is a family restaurant and that's why they charge a rather high price while the portions are just right (well at least they are for me). The pricing is probably similar to Curry House if you've been there before. Entrees range from $8 to $14 and appetizers are around $4.
I ordered the Beef curry because he couldn't decide what to order so I let him order what I was going to order, the Katsudon.


We each got a little plate of that cabbage salad. I thought it tasted pretty good and the cabbage was thinly sliced. The food took awhile so I checked out the place a little. It's a pretty big room with about 6 tables that sits four people and a counter top with a few seats. It's rather plain inside. With some duck decorations.


I was rather stupid and said, "I wonder why there are so many duck figures around..."
He said, "Duh, their name is Duck's."


Well whatever, the place was kinda bare and in drifted a few more customers. So the place was half full. I could see that our cooks are both Japanese, one very old grandmother and probably his son. The waitress is probably the granddaughter.


My curry arrived first. Rice was spread out over a plate. I would rather get rice shaped in a dome shape to be honest... The curry came separate in a small bowl. It looks very little but it is enough for one or for lunch. The katsudon came and I thought it looked pretty good. I would, however, suggest that they use a smaller bowl to make the portions look larger.


He said, "There's so little rice !!"


Well, again, it's enough to feed you 100% full. Unless you have a voracious appetite, then maybe not.


Our bill came out to be ~$21. It's definitely a pricey lunch but at least the food taste homemade and real, unlike over processed meals at places like Mitsuwa and Curry House. So I left with a smile and he left with a big hole in his wallet.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment