Wednesday, February 10, 2010

伴伴堂 Half and Half

This is not my first time at Half and Half, but I was bored so I took some photos and decided to write about this place. Let's see, Half Half is another boba, pearl, milk tea place. The only thing is that instead of calling them boba or pearls, they call them 旦旦 (Egg-Egg). Which to me is rather amusing.




So one of their specialty - 旦旦伴鮮奶 or Eggs/Pearls/Boba. Whatever. with milk. The milk is blended with ice so it has this icy/snowy subsistence. You see, their eggs/pearls/boba are kept swimming in sugar loaded syrup. They are so sweet that when you bite inside it's like sucking on a sugar cube. I would definitely suggest ordering your drink with less sugar or even unsweetened.


I usually get Kumquat with lemon or honey, which is suppose to soothe the throat. But we got the Orange yoghurt. It's kind of disappointing because I thought it would be orange or taste like orange syrup. It just tasted like yoghurt with some syrup.


We also got the thick toast with Hazelnut chocolate. I'm not sure if it's made with Nutella or not... but it was okay. I've also tried their sweet cream and sweet cream with almond. Toast is very nice but the price is not so nice.


They also sell other Taiwanese snacks, instant noodles, and rice plates. Their drinks come in humongous mugs which is why the prices are higher than the norm. It's alright since you are getting for what you paid. I would encourage this place for afternoon and late night snacks. It's a small environment with free internet. Also, they are usually short handed so it might take a few more waves to get that waiter.




        

No comments:

Post a Comment