Friday, February 19, 2010

LV.NV

I love Vegas and I hate Vegas. I love Vegas's buffets, shopping, and hotel atmosphere. I hate Vegas because I get to have three days of heaven and then I'm back to reality. I'am all excited during the trip and three days later, I'm back home... and believe me, home, is no Vegas.


I'm pretty lucky to be able to visit LV so soon again. The last time was X'mas 09. This time, I went for Chinese New Year, or should I say Lunar New Year, Asia New Year... but that's not the point. I got to go to Vegas! The only thing is that I went with my family. But I hardly had to spend my own money. HA!

We went on Tuesday and got there around 1pm. Just in time for a lunch buffet. We were at Rio looking for the Seafood Buffet, but I guess that doesn't open until 4.30pm... So we decided not to take chances and went to Bellagio for their Buffet. This is my third time at Bellagio Buffet. I really love their cocktail shrimps. They are pretty big and fresh. The entrees are not too bad, you know, the average American steaks, lamb, pasta, pizza, Chinese, Japanese, etc. They had grilled quails! I didn't know they would make quail. It tasted crispy and tender. At first, when they were cooking it, I thought it was frogs. I was skeptical at first to try because we were contemplating whether they are frogs or what. Good thing I tried, my mom even had two! Oh, I do love their desserts. I took about eight different petite treats. This time my favorite is this heart shaped chocolate cookie cup filled with chocolate brownie, topped with a layer of marshmallow, a layer of chocolate ganache, and mini marshmallows. Gosh, I ate two of those delightful sweets! I think I should try to replicate it sometime.

I met up with a long time friend at Mastro's Ocean Club inside Crystals - new City Center. It is this restaurant with an extended part that looks like a tree house. We were just there for drinks but since we sat in the tree house side, we also got bread rolls. I ordered a cocktail called "Ocean Blue" it has like this dry ice inside so white smokey things float up. I am not very good at explaining it, but I hope you get the idea. The drink is pretty strong. I forgot what was inside though. My sister got the Strawberry Collins - which is pretty good too. We also ordered a side of french fries. It costs $10 for the fries. I wasn't expecting much but it was like a football size basket filled with super skinny fries that are so crispy and addicting.

On Wednesday, we did the usual, shopping at the premium outlet, and around the Strip. For dinner, we ate at Le Burger Brasserie, a sports grille restaurant inside Paris/Bally. I also tried this place the last time I visited, so I decided to bring my parents. I think they are pretty famous for the lamb burgers. I love burgers and I prefer Le boeuf burgers. I mean, what's better than a thick juicy patty with swiss cheese and sauteed mushrooms. Or whatever you want on your burgers. Each burger comes with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and pickles. Fries are ordered separately. This time, I ordered Le Combinaison, which is an appetizer platter. It comes with popcorn shrimps, two chicken tenders, buffalo wings, potato skins, and carrots and celery sticks with ranch sauce.

FAT TUESDAY is something that you must remember to drink! I love getting the mix of strawberry and mango. Oh, it's like the best frozen margarita. There are many other stores and flavors, I'm sure they are all pretty good too.
On our last day, we had lunch at NY NY. Inside the hotel there is this pizza store. I love love love their pizza. I tried it when I stayed at NY NY a couple of years ago. Maybe it's because I was hungry, but their tomato sauce is really sweet and tangy with a great mix of herbs. NY style pizza with lots of pepperoni and cheese ~~~ Mhmmmmmm yummy. I even love the crust, usually, I wouldn't eat the crusts but their crust is not too oily or dry. It's like bread sticks, crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside.

This pretty much wraps up my trip this time. Since it's Chinese New Year, all the hotels pulled out their special red lanterns, buddha statues, and panda and tigers. I wonder how long they keep the decorations up. Also, I've found that the end of February is a wonderful time to visit Vegas. The weather is perfect, sunny with slight breeze. The weather was nothing like the freezing winter or blazing summer. It was great! I can't wait to go back =)


No comments:

Post a Comment