Sunday, August 4, 2013

Housewarming Present Idea

For Jessica's housewarming, I put together a little creative gift with baking tools. First, I wanted to look for a really cool cookie jar. I really liked this white cookie jar that says Cookies on it from Target, but the top is not removable, making it difficult to work with. So, I had to return it. I looked online and found a round glass jar with a top lid at Walmart. I decided to use this one even though the lid doesn't provide a airtight seal.

Inside the jar, I placed pink crinkle paper and I filled it with Kitchen Aid's spatula, measuring spoons, and whisk. I also went to the Disney Store and picked up Mickey's over gloves and cookie cutter set. I used clear cellophane to wrap the jar into a big bouquet and added a big purple bow for the finishing touch.

This is a fun housewarming gift for a friend who loves to bake or eat cookies! You can pretty much fill a jar with anything you like! Maybe even your homemade baked goods, candy, coffee, or kitchen tools. It just makes it fun to unwrap and dig out the contents.

Overall, this took about half and hour to assemble and topped off with a card. Quick and simple!













No comments:

Post a Comment