Sunday, May 15, 2011

Duck House/LuDingJi/鹿鼎記

My lovely friend treated us dinner tonight at Duck House in Monterey Park! We ordered their famous Peking Duck and some other dishes. Peking Duck is my favorite dish. It's roasted duck where they slice crispy skin into pieces and the meat also. Then you get a chinese "tortilla" and you place a piece of skin, a piece of meat, some scallions, shredded cucumber, and top it off with hoisin sauce. Wrap it up like a mini burrito and munch away! I can eat a ton of these but usually 2-3 can fill me up pretty well.
I've never really like Peking Duck in L.A. Most of the restaurants get it wrong and makes the wrong kind of flour wrap or they provide little bread pockets. Big time fail. Duck House is not 100% close to the real thing either but it's close enough...

I guess I really have to trek up to S.F or Vancouver for some authentic chinese food without having to fly over the pacific ocean.

Back to Duck House, it's a good restaurant as they serve clean and well cooked meals. I shall return!



and I forgot to take the last dish... "Ants on Trees" - no ants involved... just vermicelli and meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment