Friday, April 1, 2011

Nom nom nom

I've been pigging out a lot lately so I do have a lot of things to write about! But procrastination has taken over my blog.


Let's see, for a friend's farewell, we went to Machi on Baldwin Ave, Arcadia. First time there and definitely my last. Also, the reason why I don't have photos... Average taiwanese beer house food and extremely average poor service by China people. (Sorry to be racists here) but sometimes poor service can be distinguished between people from China and people from Taiwan! Although I am not Taiwanese, I must vouch that yes they are different and will never be one. Back to Machi, the "old lady" probably owner, somehow managed to "cajole" us into ordering two instead of one soup that costs $20. I don't even know if cajole is the right word here. Basically, our party of 20 was so large, she managed to get the other side of the table to order one without really know what was going on. That said, she was rude when we were ordering and tendered the most expensive dishes and kept repeating that what we've ordered so far is not even for our large party. Getting on my nerves just writing about this now.

Last weekend, I went to Mongolian BBQ and had a nice pig out! For (I think) $12.99 dinner all you can eat mongolian bbq plus spring rolls, asian crispy chips, and salad/dessert bar, it's a great deal for casual get togethers! Here are some photos of a nice little restaurant with nice service:
Get two bowls, fill up with desired meat in one, and vege/noodle in the other. 


Give bowls to cook! Watch magic unfold! 

Voila! Dinner is served! 

Egg drop soup 

Springrolls and Fried wonton (unlimited I think) 

Asian crispy chips (what's the name?)

Mongolian Pita Bread things! YUM  
Coleslaw from the bar

Located on Rosemead and Colorado
Cheesecake Factory and WoodRanch has become the two of my most visited and favorite American restaurants. Over the weekend, I went to both, don't be disgusted, I ate a salad at Cheesecake.
Cheesecake Factory's pizzas are actually quite delicious! However, I decided to try something other than the works and got the Four Seasons - not a good idea... good tasting but lack of toppings...

Cobb Saladn - Lunch size = super big... 

Oh, I almost forgot, at Woodranch, I also got a salad - the Tri-tip salad = my favorite!

Yesterday, I went to AYCE KBBQ for a friend's bday. We went to O Dae San in K-town. I would give this a C because of slow service and just average meat... There are better places...
Before I make this post any longer, I better stop here !

No comments:

Post a Comment