Thursday, February 13, 2014

Bargain Hunting = Hunter - Romilly

We are in a drought here in California, why on earth did I just buy a pair of Hunters you may be thinking. Ah ha, these are Hunter flats - Romilly, not the heavy duty rainboots. Still... I know the chance of wearing these plastic flats are close to none. But they were on sale at Nordstrom Rack! 60% off! They were only $30 and in such a pretty coral color (Flame)!!! Oh, how I wish it would just rain now.

I have a pair of Crocs rainboots that I've worn once in the rain and a few times cleaning the shower, so when I saw these shiny jelly flats, I knew that if it was to just drizzle ever so slightly, these would be perfect instead of pulling on some big old black rainboots. 

They have a range of colors - yellow, neon yellow, baby blue, grey, and this orangey "flame". I picked flame because it's like a bright coral color that adds a nice touch with any color jeans. These feel comfy, very flat, but they do make a low squeaky sound when you walk... kinda like air being puffed out of ... something plasticky... you get the idea? It doesn't bother me so much. Plus, these are light to carry for traveling. 

I'm not sure if these are everyday flats or just rain flats. Obviously no one would want to wear flats when it's raining. I'm sure if it were to pour, my feet would be soaked through. Maybe these are beach flats? garden flats? Oh, the possibilities! For now, I'll stick with occasion flats, after-rain flats, and sun-shower flats! See, so many uses, I knew these were a bargain!


My first Hunter... flats. 




No comments:

Post a Comment