Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Habit Burger Grill

The Habit has actually been around for around 40 years, and I had my first taste yesterday. I think the one in Pasadena opened some time last year and I've been meaning to give it a try. I'm not sure if I've ever stated my love for burgers before, so yes, I'm a huge burger fan! 100% juicy beef patty with cheese (american or swiss), lettuce, tomato, pickles, onions, and sometimes mushrooms makes the perfect burger!
I prefer restaurant style over fast food. Grilled on a barbie at home is also great.

So, this Habit place... straight to the point, I'll give it a 7 out of 10. It's very high on the scale.
The original - Charburger is sized like the In-N-Out burgers. Habit patty is nicely grilled but no juice runs down my hands. The charburger comes with grilled diced onions, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, and optional american cheese. Mayo is also used. It's a good size for the ladies.
The fries - medium size - a little thicker than McDonalds but thinner than Carl's Jr. Quite crispy.
Also tried the onion rings - wonderful batter but couldn't really taste the onion?
I'm grading this place based on the combo #1. It falls in the In-N-Out range.

Just to give you an idea,  my favorites are the Cheesecake Factory, Le Burger Brasserie (Las Vegas). The Hat comes very close at 8/10. 

I have to mention, my bf got the Pastrami Sandwich - average amount of pastrami with swiss cheese, mayo, mustard, and something else (didn't really pay attention). It was OK, but not something I'd order there.

The Habit... it's going to take more than 21 days to make this place a habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment