Sunday, February 6, 2011

Red Velvet Truffles Recipe

Last year I was in Big Bear with a few friends and we went to Sugar Pine Bakery.  I got this box of white chocolate truffles with red velvet cake inside. I swear I was in heaven until I finished that box. Since I recently moved and have a working oven, I decided to give these a try.

The cake must be very moist so I used store bought cake mix - Red Velvet of course. Just follow the instructions on that. Also buy a tub of cream cheese frosting. Cool the cake completely and then crumble into a large mixing bowl. Use about 12oz frosting for one box of cake. Mix in the frosting and make sure there are no whites showing. Roll little balls or scoop with melon roller and place onto wax paper lined trays. Put into fridge for a few hours to harden. Buy easy melt chocolates (white, milk, or dark) I bought Trader Joe's unsweetened dark chocolate rounds and also some semisweet chips. Melt in microwave or over stove. Dip cake balls in and let dry on wax paper trays. When hardened, they can be place in little cupcake papers and in pretty little boxes.

I gave some to a friend and put them in a little cellophane bag with a twisty.

I have much room for improvements but at least they taste alright.

White truffles from Sugar Pine Bakery in a cute Heart Box 

Gift bag for Judy :D 

Completed chocolates drying on wax paper! 
P.S definitely a tedious thing to make... a lot of time spent on waiting, dipping, and drying... but for personal presents or yummy treats, all is worth it !

No comments:

Post a Comment