Sunday, February 13, 2011

Peaches 'n' Cream Muffin

This is a childhood favorite muffin! I remember my mom had a friend who used to own a coffee shop back in NZ and she would bring us some muffins and sandwiches. My favorites were the Peach and Cream cheese muffin and the smoked salmon bagel sandwich. Those were the days where I can savor a snack and read some Baby Sitter Club books (yes I loved those books).

So, now that I have an oven, I decided to recreate something like the Peach and cream cheese muffin. Basically I used my blueberry muffin recipe as a basic muffin. So, beat one and one quarter sticks of butter with 1 cup of sugar until fluffy. Beat in two eggs, one at a time, until incorporated. Now grate in the peels of one lemon. In a separate bowl have 3 cups of flour, one tablespoons of baking powder, half a teaspoon of salt, and half a teaspoon of baking soda sifted and ready. Also, measure out one and a half cups of plain no flavor yogurt. Now mix half the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and fold with a spatula, add in one third of the yogurt and fold, now add in half of the dry and fold, and one third of the yogurt, etc so end with the dry ingredients (4 parts dry and 3 parts yogurt). Sorry if that was confusing.
Now instead of using blueberry... I used can peach slices and also sliced my own cream cheese (about 1/4 inch thick and 1 inch long).

So in your buttered muffin pan, fill half with the batter and then place one slice of peach and one slice of cream cheese on top, then put another dollop of batter on top for each muffin. You can also do this by dicing the peaches and cream cheese and gently fold into batter instead.

Bake at 375F for 30 - 40 minutes or until ready by testing with a fork.





No comments:

Post a Comment