Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A weekend of gorging myself to the point of explosion

Okay, I know the title sounds gross but it was true. Last weekend, I ate so much that I was miserable and close to regurgitation. I really don't understand why I eat so much even though I keep telling myself not to. I guess some foods are just too tempting and delicious to stay away. Well, so what did I feed myself over the weekend?


Let's start on saturday, we had a lunch date with our friends at Korean BBQ. Not just any KBBQ but the AYCE kind. It was Cham Sut Gol (the one in Rowland Heights) and since it was saturday we had to pay for the dinner price. They had 4 groups of meat to choose from and we chose Group D - the cheapest - $16.95/person. It was good enough as it had the brisket, ribs, spicy pork, chicken, and squid - you know, the usual beef, pork, chicken, and seafood. Honestly, we only asked for seconds once and we got more brisket, ribs, and spicy pork. I still had a lot of room to go! After the meat came my friend's stomach started hurting, so she was out for awhile, her bf said he's done. He's done? What do you mean you are done? I just started! Well, I'm not hungry but I'm far from done!
So, I said, "Don't worry, I can finish it."
Well, i ate most of the brisket and ribs and boy was I STUFFED!
Then, my bf says, "Hey, let's go to ApoApo and get some shaved ice", after he had finished the spicy pork...
Um... okay... So off we went to ApoApo (which was a block away, so we had to go!) for some shaved ice.
We got the Yam and Taro hand rolled gluttonous combo ice for me and my bf. Nom Nom Nom! Well, more like chomp chomp chomp because it's ice!  So we started eating BBQ at 12pm and finished eating ice at 3pm. We drove home and met up with my other friends to go to Seal Beach for a beach party potluck. I made a Imitation crabmeat salad pasta (it's good!). So, we got there around 5pm and played awhile on the beach. At 6pm, everyone started to gather around the food table. What do we have here? A Hilton sushi chef made sushi! Ok, that's one thing I definitely had to try. Hmm, Pizza Hut's pizza? Ok, one slice. My own pasta, one scoop. My friend's chicken salad, one tablespoon. Dim sum? Pork Bun? Sure! Well, I didn't have a big plate but I wasn't hungry. I actually told myself that I wouldn't eat at the pot luck, but hey, it's a pot luck, I have to try some of those sushi! Oh and I didn't forget about dessert, I squeezed in a small slice of strawberry cheesecake and a tiny slice of chocolate cake! Alright, here I was feeling extremely bloated already. I couldn't wait to leave... all the wind from the beach started to give me a headache. We decided to go to D&B because he wanted to redeem a PS3 game. Boy, the car ride really made me felt sick. Without going into too much details I almost threw up. I only felt a little better after walking around inside D&B. Luckily it wasn't happy hours or else I would've probably gotten a drink... When we were done there, my friend wanted to get a drink and so we headed to Half and Half. I ordered a Kumquat Lemon half sugar and very light ice. I think that was a good choice...

Well, that was saturday. On Sunday, I went down to Irvine to help some friends move houses. For lunch we went to Le Diplomat - a must try sandwich shop in the University Town Center of UCIrvine. I had the eggplant/tomato/feta sandwich because I was trying to be "healthier". It wasn't as good as the Chicken Garlic that the bf had... Sigh. Moving houses burns a lot of calories, especially since the apartments are on the second floor. Time for Tea Station - black ice tea without sugar. Still thinking of "healthy" eating. I was being healthy because I was still full from the night before... Well, my friends were hungry after all the moving and we went for sushi! Kaisen Sushi in Costa Mesa near South Coast Plaza. (Yelp Kaisen in Costa Mesa!) OMG!! Train Sushi - reasonable prices (.99c - $4) - extremely fresh fish! What a perfect sunday!

As you can see, I ate way too much over two days... Never again as I always say but we all know that is not true and it will most likely happen again maybe this weekend...

P.S: I totally forgot to mention - I had the Salmon, Tuna, and Mackerel sushi, spicy scallops handroll, and shared lobster roll ($7). On top of those, I had fresh oysters (fresh but mine were kind of smaller than other people's...)
Sorry, no sushi photos ... because I will be back =D

No comments:

Post a Comment