Monday, August 9, 2010

Savoy - Hainan Chicken Rice

If you live around the Alhambra area, you may already know of a tiny restaurant that sells Hainan Chicken rice. Yes, the place is called Savoy. I would assume that many people already know of this restaurant. None the less, last week when I still went, I thought I would take some photos and share with you guys.
I used to always order a pasta dish there, but recently, I prefer their chicken rice. So that's what I ordered that day - Hainan chicken with a small seafood salad. The Hainan chicken is a sliced boneless thigh cooked tenderly with a plate of seasoned rice. It comes with spicy sauce, soy sauce, and grated ginger in oil for dipping. Sometimes the rice might seem a little too oily but I really love mixing the ginger with the rice even though I absolutely can't stand ginger! The seafood salad was average - seafood clearly just frozen and boiled in salt water. So totally we ordered 3 plates of chicken rice, one curry chicken, one curry porkchop, one seafood salad, and ice teas. I can't remember our total but I think it comes down to around $15 per person.

No comments:

Post a Comment