Thursday, January 14, 2010

Steer and Ale Restaurant Pasadena

Roger had a day off today and we went to eat at Steer and Ale - a steakhouse at Pasadena. He went before with his friends, so now I get to try. It's on the corner of Rosemead Blvd and Foothill Blvd. I guess it's a family steakhouse restaurant that has been around since forever... I don't know exactly how long it's been around, but I do know their main customers are family, middle aged, to the elderly groups. I felt kind of out of place at first because we were the only Asians during our entire meal, but I guess it shouldn't be a big deal. The lunch special is very affordable and the meal you get definitely worth every penny. I ordered the lunch sized filet - a tender meat of 4 oz wrapped in bacon served with baked potato and garlic bread. I actually ordered mine medium, but it came out rather well. Roger ordered the specialty steak with fries and garlic bread. It came out also well instead of medium. Mine costs $5.50 and his costs $7 something. We added a side of onion rings for .99c and a soup for .99c. The meat was very tender and tasty even though it was well done already. So I thought that was a good sign. The other memorable thing was their onion rings. Rather oily but at least looked like clean oil. The batter made the outside very crunchy but thick and reminded me of corn dogs. Aside from the oily after taste, I thought it was pretty good with the BBQ sauce. Garlic bread did not really have the garlic taste but it wasn't too bad. I definitely think I will return because it's very cheap for all that food we got and I forgot to take photos, so I definitely need to go back...

No comments:

Post a Comment