Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Las Vegas Trip

Vegas Baby! I was lucky to get the chance to go to Vegas during the X'mas weeekend. This was my first time visiting in winter weather and with girls only! Our friend's mother in law is a Vegas expert, thanks to her we stayed free in Riviera and also watched Rain's concert at Caesar's Palace. She also took us to a great burger restaurant and a japanese buffet. Although it was a short visit, we had a great time eating, shopping, and bonding!



The first night (friday) we ate dinner at Le Burger Brasserie inside the Paris Hotel. I was a little skeptical at first because the I really like the BLT at the Mirage. However, when I saw the menu, I couldn't wait to give it a try. I ordered the La Normandie Salmon on caramelized onion buns. The salmon patty was almost an inch thick, on top of it was mushroom and provolone cheese. I love mushroom and cheese so it definitely gave the burger more flavor. However, I would recommend the beef burgers because you know, nothing beats beef patties... The fries are ordered separately and we tried the skinny and criss-cut. Overall, I think that this is a great restaurant for gourmet burgers at an affordable price. Definitely better priced than BLT.



After dinner, we were lucky enough to attend Rain's concert! It was held at the Caesar's Palace hotel. I thought it was well planned and decorated. I enjoyed his choreography and especially the disco balls that came down.


On Saturday, we went to the premium outlet for Makino buffet and shopping. We totally forgot that it was the day after X'mas sale and the place was packed! It took us an hour to get a parking space. It was my first time eating at Makino and it reminds me of Todai only they serve better sushi. However, the rest of the entrees were rather bland and typical. There was a chocolate fondue but they only offered marshmallows...



When we got back to the strip, we visited the new City Center right next to Bellagio. For dinner that night we ate at Pink's outside of Planet Hollywood Hotel. It's the same Pink's as the one in Hollywood but they serve less specials.


The highlight of the weekend was clubbing at TAO at the Venetian. It took us four girls two hours to get ready! We looked like the girls from Sex in the City, walking with arms linked together. HA!
Tao is a lounge, restaurant, and club. Upstairs is the clubbing area. There are many Buddha statues everywhere. However, I found the dance floor rather small. There were too many people and far too little space. I was being pushed around more than dancing. Well, at least I have officially been clubbing in Vegas!!



That practically ends our little trip because we had to rush back to LA on Sunday to attend a wedding dinner. I did enjoy our little visit because I got to try new restaurants and visit my favorite cafe - Espressamente Illy. I also got to drink Fat Tuesday and buy a lot of discounted Coach! Lastly, I had a great time with friends and met a new friend!

1 comment: